If you’re in a home with any sort of outdoor space, chances are you’re under-utilizing it’s potential. Here are some tips to make the most of your outdoor space:
- Make it cozy. If your patio or porch is just a blank canvas, consider hanging a porch swing and adding some decorative indoor/outdoor throw pillows to cozy it up.
- Add finishing touches. Add some great finishing touches such as some brightly potted plants, a nice indoor/outdoor carpet, vintage lighting fixtures or other unique touches.
- Create an illusion. Hang a large mirror from an exterior wall or fence to create the illusion of another room, larger space and more light.
- Take advantage of the green. Add a pergola and grow climbing vines such as grape or ivy to provide extra protection from the elements and add a sense of sophistication to your space.
- Engage the senses. Adding details such as a fire pit or fire bowl creates a sense of warmth. Adding a fountain or water feature adds soothing sound to your space. Planting pots of great smelling herbs such as lavender or mint engage the senses as well.
Thinking of buying or selling a home in Sussex County? Give us a call at Cooper Realty Associates and put us to work for you – 302-856-6434.