The space under stairs is often underutilized, if not wasted. Here are five ideas for creating practical storage in this space.
1. Shelves. Building custom shelves into this space is a relatively simple, but practical way to create storage without much effort.
2. Drawers. Creating custom stairs where each step is also a drawer can add a significant amount of storage to your home.
3. Pull out shelves. This idea is a combination of the first two, but creating shelves that pull out give you both decorative storage and hidden storage.
4. Closet. You can turn the space under your stairs into closet space by adding a door in the back for a deep storage space, or doors on the side for a long storage space, depending on what is more practical for your situation.
5. Office space. By opening up the space under your stairs, you can build an office directly into this space and create it in such a way to flow into the rest of your room.
Thinking of buying or selling a home in Sussex County? Give us a call at Cooper Realty Associates and put us to work for you – 302-856-6434.