Whether you’re looking for a quick makeover or a complete renovation, here are a few tips to help you stick to your budget.
1. Negotiate. Ask everyone if there’s any flexibility in the price and negotiate your heart out! You’d be surprised where you can get discounts.
2. Prioritize. If you have a limited budget chances are you won’t be able to do everything on your “wish list,” but you can do the ones you care most about if you prioritize before you begin the work.
3. Shop Surplus. Ask vendors and showrooms about overstocks, floor models, closeouts and other sales and be flexible with your vision to include these deals when possible.
4. Shop Secondhand. Salvage yards, flea markets, thrift stores, yard sales and stores like Habitat For Humanity’s ReStore are great places to source inexpensive makeover materials. You never know what you might find, so they’re definitely worth checking out.
5. DIY. Do-it-yourself is a good way to stick to a budget. Doing your own grunt work can save you a bundle, just don’t try to do things you can’t handle, because then you’ll end up paying someone extra to come in and fix your mistakes before they can do the work.
Thinking of buying or selling a home in Sussex County? Give us a call at Cooper Realty Associates and put us to work for you – 302-629-6693.