If you have a small bathroom, try these tips for maximizing your space:
- Brighten it up. A space that is light and bright always seems larger, and light actually improves functionality, so adding both recessed and task lighting to your bathroom will help maximize your space. Task lighting around the mirror and over the shower are particularly important.
- Utilize your medicine cabinet. Choosing a medicine cabinet that is flush with the wall will offer just enough storage for essentials and open up the space at the same time. Choosing a deeper medicine cabinet might store more, but it also protrudes into the room and takes up space.
- Wall mount your sink. A wall mounted sink can be stylish and take up far less space than traditional sinks. If you don’t like the look of a wall mounted sink, choose a pedestal sink over a full vanity for greater space efficiency.
- Get rid of the tub. Unless you absolutely need a tub, consider getting rid of it and opting for a walk-in shower instead. You can build a comfortably sized shower in fraction of the space that a tub takes up, and in addition to giving the room more space, the convenience of comfort of this type of shower is often underestimated.
- Use your corners. Corner sinks can make the most of your space, adding both form and function without taking up too much space.
Thinking of buying or selling a home in Sussex County? Give us a call at Cooper Realty Associates and put us to work for you – 302-856-6434.