If your home is on the market during the holiday season consider these tips for taking advantage of the opportunities you have:
1. Price to sell. Just like always, if your home is priced right it will get the attention that it deserves.
2. Pay attention to curb appeal. Again, this is a year-round tip, but at this time of year in particular be sure that leaves a raked, stairs and walkways are kept free of ice and snow, and gutters are cleaned.
3. Decorate reasonably. If you decorate during the holidays be sure not to go overboard. Keep things scaled to your home and decorate to emphasize your home’s best features, not cover or detract from them. If you want to avoid offending potential buyers it is best to decorate with general winter themes rather than religious items.
4. Focus on motivated buyers. People who house hunt during the holidays are generally motivated buyers. Work with your agent to target buyers who are on a deadline and looking to buy before the end of the year.
5. Hire a trusted agent. At this time of year in particular it is important to have a real estate agent who is reliable and not someone who will disappear during the holidays. Some who will go above and beyond to work for you will help get your home sold.
Looking to buy or sell a home in Sussex County? Give us a call at Cooper Realty Associates and put us to work for you – 302-856-6434.