Wednesday is here and it’s time to start thinking about weekend plans! With Easter this weekend, there are plenty of things to do. Here are some great options:
Friday, April 6th: 44th Annual Great Delaware Kite Festival
Year after year, people come to Cape Henlopen State Park from all around to check out this popular, free event! All kite-flying abilities are welcome, but you don’t have to participate to enjoy this fun festival! There will be food, face painting, kite flying competitions, and a visit from the Easter Bunny. Registration begins at 9am.
Saturday, April 7th: Your Choice of Egg Hunts
- Dewey Beach: The Alley Oop Egg Scoop is hosted by Alley Oop Skim Shop at New Orleans Street and Dewey Beach. This hunt begins at 10am for ages 2-5, 11am for ages 6-8 and 12pm for ages 9-12. Registration is required, but available the morning of the hunt.
- Georgetown: This egg hunt takes place at the Marvel Carriage Museum at 12pm. Face painting, train rides, moon bounce, food, visits from the Easter Bunny, and a coloring contest are also part of this fun event which runs from 11am-1pm.
- Milford: The Milford Blue Hen VFW at Post 6483 on Williamsville Road egg hunt begins at 10am and is open to all children ages 12 and under.
- Millsboro: This huge egg hunt features over 5,000 eggs and give-aways including an XBOX and a Wii! This hunt is hosted by Bay Shore Community Church, but is open to the public and takes place in a field off of Highway 113 between Georgetown and Millsboro.
- Millsboro: This egg hunt is hosted at Cupola Park at 1pm and features an Easter Bonnet/Hat Contest and Easter Parade.
Sunday, April 8th: Easter Sunday
Community Sunrise Service at the Rehoboth Beach Bandstand begins at 6:30am. It is sponsored by the Lewes-Rehoboth Association of Churches.